Membership makes it happen!
As an individual or household member of the BCO, your yearly membership of $20 provides opportunities to build on our strong sense of community and to support our local businesses and schools through:
Join us and be a part of our community! Getting to know even a few people in your neighborhood can make all the difference, and the BCO makes that easy.
There are many reasons to join us:
- Our Annual Street Sale in June which brings neighbors together for a sense of camaraderie and after-party at a local revenue
- Our Annual Garden Walk in July which brings visitors and Master Gardeners from across Chicagoland to Bowmanville to appreciate the charm and beauty of the gardens right in our own backyards
- Our Summer Social where neighbors from across the 1400+ households in Bowmanville can come together to make new friends and connect with old friends while enjoying themselves over great food and music
- Helping to potentially increase home and property values
- Our annual scholarship fund for high school seniors living in Bowmanville or who attend Amundsen High School
- Maintaining our community gardens along Bowmanville Road and Balmoral Avenue
- Keeping neighbors informed through our quarter newsletter – “The Bee”
“With Honey” BCO Membership Add-on Package
With Honey is a $75 optional add-on package to your annual BCO general membership that enables you to show your support for the BCO and all of the events, activities and community connections we help create. The “With Honey” package has many benefits, in addition to supporting the BCO, which include:
- FREE entry to all BCO public events (e.g., Street Sale and Garden Walk
- 4 FREE beverages a year at BCO events where drinks are sold
- FREE BCO yard sign to display in your window or yard
- Direct mailing of the quarterly Bowmanville Bee BCO newsletter
Additionally, there is a one-time benefit of pushing your membership renewal to April of the following calendar year. For example, if you’re due to renew in May this year, signing up now for “With Honey” will push your renewal date to April next year — almost a full year free!
“With Honey” is good for the calendar year in which it is purchased. Perks do not carry over from prior year.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or email us using this link:
We have formalized a process to encourage community members or groups with Bowmanville ties to suggest outreach projects that might be meaningful to Bowmanville residents and the Bowmanville Community Organization. If you have a project idea you’d like the BCO to consider or donate to please fill out and submit this BCO Community Outreach Support Request.
Bowmanville t-shirts and prints are available! The BCO has limited numbers of t-shirts in stock directly, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see what sizes we have left. $20 for Men and youth sizes, $22 for Womens cut if buying direct from BCO. You can also order t-shirts or frame ready prints directly from local artist Steve Shanabruch at http://www.thechicagoneighborhoods.com/Bowmanville.