Bowmanville is a residential neighborhood located in the northern section of Chicago’s Lincoln Square community area. The community is home to over 1500 residential households, and a small but thriving industrial corridor. The neighborhood boundaries are Ravenswood Avenue, Foster Avenue, Western Avenue and Rosehill Cemetery.
Welcome to the Bowmanville Community Organization Web site. Browse the various menu links above for information about our community, and ways to get involved and engaged with your neighbors. By joining the BCO, your $20 annual membership will support programming and outreach for your community.
The Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO) is the community’s officially recognized Chicago Neighborhood Organization. It is run by a volunteer group committed to maintaining and improving the quality of life for Bowmanville residents. Since its inception in 1987 the BCO has contributed to a solid foundation of community service and neighborliness. The BCO’s purpose is to facilitate communication within the community and with local officials and other organizations to ensure that the interests of the members of the community are being addressed.
Bowmanville is also home to a variety of quality restaurants, taverns, retail shops, small businesses and industry. Our local public schools are both Trumbull and Chappell Elementary and Amundsen High School. Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a private elementary school (pre-K through 8th) located within Bowmanville’s boundaries.
We know safely accessible greenspace is important to our community. We’ve heard it from neighbors and have seen it in the energetic response to our GreenSpace project. Our BCO GreenSpace campaign is a major initiative of the BCO right now. Your support is critical to achieving our goals. Please donate at the link above. To learn more about the plans, please click here for more info on the GreenSpace initiative.
Next BCO Events in 2013 (view full BCO calendar here):
- GreenSpace Install Days - APR 6, APR 20, MAY 4: Round up some neighbors and help breathe life into our new greenspace. Kids welcome. Please pick a day to come and be a part of this. You won’t regret it.
- GreenSpace Committee Meeting APR 16: email email@example.com to RSVP and get location details.
- Bowmanville Street Sale - JUN 1: mark your calendars and signup now to sell in the June 1 Annual Street Sale. We have had over 100 households participating in the past. The more sellers, the more buyers! Encourage your neighbors to signup too!
- Bowmanville Garden Walk - JUL 13: Please consider showing your garden – container gardens, large or small yards, patios or deck gardens ALL welcome! The garden walk will have some new elements this year, including split show times so that you are only showing your garden for half the garden walk time and can enjoy the other gardens yourself. The local garden photography competition remains popular – consider submitting one (or more) entries! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Bowmanville Summer Social - AUG 17: Our Ice Cream social and MORE is back this year. If you have ideas for activities, vendors or entertainment to add to this picnic style event please let us know. Email email@example.com
Bowmanville has launched a “Know Your Neighbors” block program to keep our neighbors connected. Do you know who your block captain is? Check out our resources for the Block Clubs.