Bowmanville is a residential neighborhood located in the northern section of Chicago’s Lincoln Square community area. The community is home to over 1500 residential households, and a small but thriving industrial corridor. The neighborhood boundaries are Ravenswood Avenue, Foster Avenue, Western Avenue and Rosehill Cemetery.
Welcome to the Bowmanville Community Organization Web site. Browse the various menu links above for information about our community, and ways to get involved and engaged with your neighbors. By joining the BCO, your $20 annual membership will support programming and outreach for your community.
The Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO) is the community’s officially recognized Chicago Neighborhood Organization. It is run by a volunteer group committed to maintaining and improving the quality of life for Bowmanville residents. Since its inception in 1987 the BCO has contributed to a solid foundation of community service and neighborliness. The BCO’s purpose is to facilitate communication within the community and with local officials and other organizations to ensure that the interests of the members of the community are being addressed.
Bowmanville is also home to a variety of quality restaurants, taverns, retail shops, small businesses and industry. Our local public schools are both Trumbull and Chappell Elementary and Amundsen High School. Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a private elementary school (pre-K through 8th) located within Bowmanville’s boundaries.
Next BCO Events in 2013 (view full BCO calendar here):
Bowmanville Poker Run & Pub Crawl – SEPT 28
- Join in our Pub Crawl and Poker Run as we visit the 5 Bowmanville bars and collect cards for a Poker hand along the way. Prizes for best and worst hand will be awarded at our final stop (K’s Dugout – 1930 W Foster Ave). Crawl starts at 6:30pm at Claddagh Ring Pub (2306 W Foster Ave).
Pumpkinpalooza – OCT 19
- In 2013, Pumpkinpalooza is hosted solely by RPMS, with all proceeds benefitting the school. The event is open to the community and includes the Pumpkin Patch and more.
BCO Open Meeting & Board Election – OCT 24
- The 2013 meeting will be held at 7pm at North Community Bank (5241 N Western Avenue). Refreshments will be pot-luck style – please bring something to share if you can.
- Join us to catch up on all things Bowmanville, visit with neighbors, and formally vote for the new 2014 Board of Directors and welcome them.
- This meeting is open to all residents and friends of Bomwanville. All active members of the BCO are eligible to vote. Memberships can be renewed at the beginning of the meeting or online. If you are not sure of your membership status please email email@example.com.
We know safely accessible greenspace is important to our community. We’ve heard it from neighbors and have seen it in the energetic response to our GreenSpace project. Our BCO GreenSpace campaign is a major initiative of the BCO right now. Your support is critical to achieving our goals. Please donate at the link above. To learn more about the plans, please click here for more info on the GreenSpace initiative.
For photos and more from the 15th Anniversary Bowmanville Garden Walk Click here to go to Garden Walk Event page
Bowmanville has launched a “Know Your Neighbors” block program to keep our neighbors connected. Do you know who your block captain is? Check out our resources for the Block Clubs.