Bowmanville is a residential neighborhood located in the northern section of Chicago’s Lincoln Square community area. The community is home to over 1500 residential households, and a small but thriving industrial corridor. The neighborhood boundaries are Ravenswood Avenue, Foster Avenue, Western Avenue and Rosehill Cemetery.
Welcome to the Bowmanville Community Organization Web site. Browse the various menu links above for information about our community, and ways to get involved and engaged with your neighbors. By joining the BCO, your $20 annual membership will support programming and outreach for your community.
The Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO) is the community’s officially recognized Chicago Neighborhood Organization. It is run by a volunteer group committed to maintaining and improving the quality of life for Bowmanville residents. Since its inception in 1987 the BCO has contributed to a solid foundation of community service and neighborliness. The BCO’s purpose is to facilitate communication within the community and with local officials and other organizations to ensure that the interests of the members of the community are being addressed.
Bowmanville is also home to a variety of quality restaurants, taverns, retail shops, small businesses and industry. Our local public schools are both Trumbull and Chappell Elementary and Amundsen High School. Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a private elementary school (pre-K through 8th) located within Bowmanville’s boundaries.
Next BCO Events in 2014 (view full BCO calendar here):
BCO Spring Open Meeting - MARCH 20
- This first open meeting of 2014 will be held at Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 7pm at North Community Bank (5241 N Western Avenue). Refreshments will be pot-luck style – please bring something to share if you can.
- Join us to catch up on all things Bowmanville, visit with neighbors, and participate in building our community.
- This meeting is open to all residents and friends of Bowmanville.
Bowmanville Community Street Sale – JUNE 7
- The 18th annual Bowmanville Community Street Sale is scheduled for Saturday, June 7, 2014 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Over 80 families participated in 2013. This is a great opportunity and motivator to get organized, clear out stuff, find some bargains, socialize with neighbors, and support the Bowmanville Community Organization.
- Applications will be available here and throughout the neighborhood in early May.
Bowmanville Garden Walk – JULY 12
- Save the date, Saturday, July 12, for the 2014 Bowmanville Garden Walk!
- Back by popular demand and wonderful, willing volunteers, watch for more information on this event.
BCO Summer Social – AUGUST 16
- Save the date, Saturday, August 16, for the 2014 BCO Summer Social!
- Ice Cream & More! Fun and games!
We know safely accessible greenspace is important to our community. We’ve heard it from neighbors and have seen it in the energetic response to our GreenSpace project. Our BCO GreenSpace campaign is a major initiative of the BCO right now. Your support is critical to achieving our goals. Please donate at the link above. To learn more about the plans, please click here for more info on the GreenSpace initiative.
For photos and more from the 15th Anniversary Bowmanville Garden Walk Click here to go to Garden Walk Event page
Bowmanville has launched a “Know Your Neighbors” block program to keep our neighbors connected. Do you know who your block captain is? Check out our resources for the Block Clubs.