Bowmanville is a residential neighborhood located in the northern section of Chicago’s Lincoln Square community area. The community is home to over 1500 residential households, and a small but thriving industrial corridor. The neighborhood boundaries are Ravenswood Avenue, Foster Avenue, Western Avenue and Rosehill Cemetery.
Welcome to the Bowmanville Community Organization Web site. Browse the various menu links above for information about our community, and ways to get involved and engaged with your neighbors. By joining the BCO, your $20 annual membership will support programming and outreach for your community.
The Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO) is the community’s officially recognized Chicago Neighborhood Organization. It is run by a volunteer group committed to maintaining and improving the quality of life for Bowmanville residents. Since its inception in 1987 the BCO has contributed to a solid foundation of community service and neighborliness. The BCO’s purpose is to facilitate communication within the community and with local officials and other organizations to ensure that the interests of the members of the community are being addressed.
Bowmanville is also home to a variety of quality restaurants, taverns, retail shops, small businesses and industry. Our local public schools are Chappell Elementary and Amundsen High School. Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a private elementary school (pre-K through 8th) located within Bowmanville’s boundaries.
Next BCO Events in 2015 (view full BCO calendar here):
- Community Vegetable Plot Application Deadline
- March 1, Click to Apply for a plot NOW! Plots are available along Ravenswood Avenue and Bowmanville Avenue.
- Keep in mind to take a plot you must commit to helping maintain our community garden spaces.
- BOWLmanville Rock & Bowl for Chappell Elementary
- BCO Spring Open Meeting (membership not required to attend!)
- March 19, 7pm, Chappell Elementary school, 2135 W. Foster Avenue (enter gym on Foster Ave)
- Guest Speakers include
- Amundsen High School principal Anna Pavichevich
- Chappell Elementary School principal Joe Peila
- Open to ALL, friends and residents of Bowmanville
- Potluck snacks & drinks, please bring something to share
Please consider a gift to our BCO GreenSpace (click to donate).
We know safely accessible greenspace is important to our community. We’ve heard it from neighbors and have seen it in the energetic response to our GreenSpace project. Our BCO GreenSpace campaign is a major initiative of the BCO right now. Your support is critical to achieving our goals. Please donate at the link above. To learn more about the plans, please click here for more info on the GreenSpace initiative.
Block club resources
Bowmanville has launched a “Know Your Neighbors” block program to keep our neighbors connected. Do you know who your block captain is? Check out our resources for the Block Clubs.