Bowmanville is a residential neighborhood located in the northern section of Chicago’s Lincoln Square community area. The community is home to over 1500 residential households, and a small but thriving industrial corridor. The neighborhood boundaries are Ravenswood Avenue, Foster Avenue, Western Avenue and Rosehill Cemetery.
Welcome to the Bowmanville Community Organization Web site. Browse the various menu links above for information about our community, and ways to get involved and engaged with your neighbors. By joining the BCO, your $20 annual membership will support programming and outreach for your community.
The Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO) is the community’s officially recognized Chicago Neighborhood Organization. It is run by a volunteer group committed to maintaining and improving the quality of life for Bowmanville residents. Since its inception in 1987 the BCO has contributed to a solid foundation of community service and neighborliness. The BCO’s purpose is to facilitate communication within the community and with local officials and other organizations to ensure that the interests of the members of the community are being addressed.
Bowmanville is also home to a variety of quality restaurants, taverns, retail shops, small businesses and industry. Our local public schools are Chappell Elementary and Amundsen High School. Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a private elementary school (pre-K through 8th) located within Bowmanville’s boundaries.
Next BCO Events in 2014 (view full BCO calendar here):
BCO Summer Social – AUGUST 16
- Ice Cream, Food, Music, Bounce House
- Local Marketplace – reserve your booth for local crafts or to promote your business.
Bowmanville Oktoberfest - Septempber 27
- This year we team up with Griffin Theatre to celebrate fall with local beers on tap.
- Join us at 1940 W Foster Ave (Griffin Theatre property) for an outdoor celebration with local beer, local music, and local food. What more can you ask for?
- If you are able to help out with this event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BCO Fall Open Meeting & Election - October 23
- We are accepting nominations for the next Board of Directors. Nominate yourself or someone you know by sending names to email@example.com by August 30, 2014.
For a recap of the recent 2014 Garden Walk – click here.
We know safely accessible greenspace is important to our community. We’ve heard it from neighbors and have seen it in the energetic response to our GreenSpace project. Our BCO GreenSpace campaign is a major initiative of the BCO right now. Your support is critical to achieving our goals. Please donate at the link above. To learn more about the plans, please click here for more info on the GreenSpace initiative.
Bowmanville has launched a “Know Your Neighbors” block program to keep our neighbors connected. Do you know who your block captain is? Check out our resources for the Block Clubs.