Fall Events in and near Bowmanville
We enjoy the many local events that have evolved and are so wonderful. We encourage you to go to them too, and volunteer or participate in whatever way works for you. Many of them offer local business sponsorship opportunities, several are free and all are fun.
- No BCO/Griffin Theatre Bowmanville Oktoberfest this year (2016). To support Griffin Theatre please consider buying season tickets to the Griffin current season (3 shows for $90!). We hope you enjoyed the BCO’s alternate Beer event in 2016 – June’s Ravenswood On Tap, co-hosted by the BCO and GRCC. Check out the many local great fall events listed below or Empirical Taproom‘s event calendar for local fall beer drinking.
- Check out the I AM YOUR NEIGHBOR 2016 party (Sept 30) to benefit the Common Pantry – join in on Sept 30 from 7-11pm at Architectural Artifacts. Neighborhood restaurants, breweries, entertainers, and friends coming together to help neighbors in need – this is a great night out.
- St Matthias Friends Weekend Celebrations (Oct 2 & Oct 4) – Friends of the Craft Breweries (Sept 30, microbreweries galore) & – Friends of the Grape (Oct 2, a taste of Lincoln Square with wine pairings and a flowing beer garden). More great events!
- Rosehill Cemetery 5K Crypt Run – Oct 8,2016 7pm start, google Rosehill Crypt 5k for info. Get moving!
- RPMS Pumpkinpalooza, pumpkin patch and more – Oct 22 2016 11am-1pm. This event is hosted solely by Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS). All proceeds will benefit RPMS. The event is open to community participation and sponsorship and they hope you will attend. As a past co-host of this event, the BCO wishes RPMS much success. We hope to see many neighbors enjoying the festivities as RPMS carries on this fall tradition in our community. If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neighoring ASNA’s Howl-O-Ween Pet Costume Contest and Parade check www.asnachicago.org
- Gethsemene Children’s Fall Festival check www.gethsemanegardens.com for updates
- Neighboring WANT’s Ghostly Garden check www.westandersonville.com for updates
- Local Lincoln Scared and Ravenswoooood Business Trick or Treat – check www.lincolnsquare.org/pages/HalloweenHappenings/
BCO/Griffin Theatre Bowmanville Oktoberfest – usually late September (not being held in 2016).
To support Griffin Theatre please consider buying season tickets to the Griffin current season (3 shows for $90!).
In 2014 and 2015 we teamed up with Griffin Theatre to celebrate fall with local beers on tap. We seek individuals and businesses to sponsor this annual event, and local bands to perform. If you or a business or musician you know can consider sponsorship or performing please contact email@example.com.
The BCO and the Griffin Theatre Company have hosted a Bowmanville Oktoberfest event. Last year it was on September 19, 2015. Local beer, local music, local foo
d, local folks.
The event is outdoors on the Griffin Theatre property at 1940 W. Foster Avenue.
$10 entry + 1 beer ticket to start the fun.
We’ve had beer on tap from 5 local brewers: Half Acre Beer Company, Metropolitan Brewing, Empirical Brewery, Aquanaut Brewing Company, Begyle Brewing.
Food from local Chef Martin (alpinebrandsausages.com).
Our band lineup from 2014 rocked out, as did the 2015 lineup.
2014 Local band participants
3pm JuiceBox Band Trio
4pm Good Dust featuring Aron Dunlap and Pauline Sachar
5pm The Hot Moms featuring Andrew Stephens
6pm Crown Vic Royal
7pm Frosty featuring Andrew Frost
8pm JuiceBox Band Trio (encore) to close us down.